If you are a Vodafone Idea (Vi) user then you should definitely check out this post. Here, I have answered one of the most common issues which exists for Vi sim users.
Sometimes in a hurry we are not able to know our own sim number and this in turn causes more problems. That’s why, to solve this issue, I will explain how to check Vi number in this article.
All the steps mentioned in this article are secure, free and will not cause any problem in your sim and mobile phone. So, let’s go ahead and check out these methods.
How To Know Vi Number?
If you are looking for the simplest and quickest way then you should try this method. This will work on even a keypad mobile and you will be able to know your Vi sim number easily.
- Open the calling app.
- Dial *199# in the dialpad and send it.
- After dialing this ussd code, a popup notification will be displayed on your phone’s screen.
- This dialog box contains your Vi mobile number.
- Now, you can take a screenshot or note it down so that you can use it later.
Vi Number Check Code 2022
Vi has launched a lot of USSD codes for its users. I have already told you about one code in the above section.
Most of the time the above code will work, but if it does not work in some cases, then you can try these alternative ussd codes to check your Vi number:
|Vodafone Idea (Vi) Number Check||Code Description|
Also Read: Vi Internet Settings For Fast Internet
Extra Methods To Check Vi Number Quickly
If you are looking for more methods to find out your Vodafone Idea (Vi) number then, consider reading the below methods. I have tried them personally and they all are working fine.
How To Check Vi Number In Android or iPhone
If you have an Android smartphone or iPhone, then try this method. Because sometimes the ussd codes don’t work when used again and again in a short period of time.
Also, in some phones the sim numbers are automatically synced. So, it helps quite a lot.
- In your smartphone, open the mobile Settings option.
- Search -”SIM Cards & Mobile networks” and tap on it.
- Select the sim slot where the Vi sim is placed.
- Now, you should see a 10 digit mobile number in the format- “XXXXXXXXXX”.
- That’s it! This is the number of your Vi sim.
How To Check Vi Number Using Vi App
The latest update of Vi app has quite useful features and as a Vi user, I’d recommend you to download it on your smartphone. Just take a look at how easy it is to get the Vi sim number using the official Vi app:
- Install Vi app on your mobile and verify OTP code.
- If you already have the app then move to the next step.
- Open Vi app and go to the dashboard.
- Here, you will see your Vi number in format like- “XXXXXXXXXX”.
- If you want then you can see more details about it here as well.
How To Check Vi Number Online
You can also check your Vi number on your pc or laptop using this method. If you have an active internet connection, then go for it:
- Click here to visit the official Vi website.
- Tap on the Sign in button which is located on the top right side of the screen.
- Enter your login details and verify OTP code.
- Go to its dashboard.
- Here you will be able to see your Vi number along with many details like current plan, validity and remaining balance.
Also Read: Airtel Number Check Code (Latest)
Check Vi Number Via Customer Care
Calling the customer care to get the Vi number if also one of the common methods which is used. I have not tried it personally, but you can give it a try.
Here are the steps to do the same:
- Dial 199 in your dialpad and call on this number.
- A customer support executive will receive your call.
- Now, ask them about your mobile number and they will tell that from their side.
- Once done, you just need to save this number.
How To Check Vi Number By SMS
If you have a contact list, then you can send a simple message to get the Vi number of your sim. This will take quite a less amount of time, and will help you:
- Find and Open Message app on your device.
- Create a new message and type your name in the text section.
- Send it to your known contacts like your family and friends.
- Now your message will be received on their number.
- Just tell them to send you this number or you can look at it yourself if they are near you.
Alternatively, you can also call them but I think sending an sms is a hassle free process.
How To Check Vi Number Via Official Vi Store
If after following all of the above methods, you still have no success in getting your Vi mobile number. Then, this is the option which you should go for.
Just follow these steps:
- Go to the Vi official website in your browser.
- Press the Help button which is located on the top right side.
- After clicking on it, the Store Locator will display on your screen.
- Click on it and enter your location pincode or city in the search bar.
- Select that Vi store which is nearest to your location
- Now go to that store physically.
- Ask help from store staff and they will help you to know your Vi mobile number.
In the article, I have explained how you can check your mobile number using various methods.
If you have a smartphone then I’ll advise you to use the Vi application as it provides an easy to use interface and a quick way to check your mobile number in case you forget it.
All these methods are very easy and simple. Whenever you are handling any of these methods then you will not face any problem.
If you have encountered any issue while following the methods, then you can contact us or comment, we will try to reply to your email and comment as soon as possible.
FAQs- How To Check Vi Sim Number
- What is the best way to check Vi number?
The best way is to use the official app provided by them. You can download it from the app store of your smartphone.
- What is the USSD code to check my own Vi sim number?
There are two USSD codes which are *199# and *111*2#. These codes are secure and are provided officially by them.
- How can I check my postpaid Vi number?
All of these methods will work for Vi postpaid sim as well. So, don’t worry just choose any of the above methods and you will be able to find out.
- What is my Vodafone Idea (Vi) number?
Each of the Vi SIM has a unique 10 digit code and we call it Vi number. This number is like a unique dress using which you can call or message anyone.
It is given to every user whenever they buy Vi sim.