Do you know that you can divert your call to another number if your current number is busy or you don’t have access to it?
Well, most people don’t know that they can do this thing easily on their Jio number. That’s why in this article I will discuss how to activate call forwarding in Jio.
I’ll also show you how you can keep track of this service so that you don’t forget about it. So, if you are interested in this topic, then keep reading to know more about it.
What is Jio Call Forwarding?
Jio call forwarding is a feature to divert all or some calls (based on specific conditions) to another number. This feature is useful when you are not using your current phone number but you would like to attend its incoming calls.
This service from Jio is completely free of cost and does not require you to buy any special plan. It will work on your current existing plan.
Another important thing to know is that you can transfer your Jio call to any other number. This number can be of Jio or any other operator like-
- Vi (Vodafone Idea)
Read More: How To Deactivate Call Forwarding In Jio Sim
Jio Call Forwarding Code 2022
If you have decided to transfer your call to other numbers then you can do it by the official ussd code. I have provided all the Jio call divert codes in the table given below:
|Call Divert Type||Jio Call Forwarding Code List|
|Jio Call Forwarding For All Calls||*401*<10 digit number>|
|Jio Call Forwarding When Busy||*405*<10 digit number>|
|Jio Call Forwarding When Unanswered||*403*<10 digit number>|
|Jio Call Forwarding When Unreachable||*409*<10 digit number>|
Example: For Diverting All Calls- *401*99XXXXXXXX
To use these codes, follow these steps:
- Open the dial pad on your phone.
- Enter the number depending upon your requirement. Take help from the table.
- Once done, call on that number and you will get the confirmation from the IVR that the call forwarding feature is activated.
- Check if it is working by doing a test call with the help of your friend.
- If it’s working, then congrats! If it’s not then you might have made some mistakes in the code.
Note: You want to forward all the calls of your Jio number then choose the first code from the table. All the other codes will work only when the specific conditions will meet.
More Methods to Activate Call Forwarding In Jio
Check out some more methods to set call divert feature in Jio. If you like any of these then make sure to share this article.
Set Jio Call Forwarding Via Smartphone Settings
For android and iOS users, call forwarding is an inbuilt feature of their device. These are found in the settings section and can be activated or deactivated from there as well.
- Go to the mobile settings on your smartphone.
- Click on the search button and search “Call Forwarding” in the search bar.
- Select the first search result.
- Tap on the Voice option.
- Now you will see four options to choose from.
- Once you have selected, the call divert service will be started on your Jio sim.
Start Call Forwarding In Jio Via Customer Care
If somehow the above options are too complicated for you, then you can also ask the customer care for activating this service.
You can do this by calling on the customer support toll free number of Jio.
- Click on the phone button.
- Dial 1800 889 9999 on your dialpad.
- An operator will attend your call and will ask your problem.
- Tell them that you want to start call forwarding service on your Jio number.
- They will do that within 5 minutes.
- After sometime, you will also receive an sms confirming that Jio call forwarding service has been activated.
Read More: Jio Me Port Offer
Activate Jio Call Forwarding via Jio Store
You can also take help from the offline Jio stores for this purpose. If there is a Jio store near you then it’s the best way, as they will explain everything regarding the call forwarding to you thoroughly.
You can also ask them if you have any doubts regarding it’s working.
- Open Jio Store website in your browser.
- Enter your location in the location search bar then find the nearest store .
- Go to its store and ask the store staff for the Jio call divert service.
- Follow all the steps which are described by the staff.
- Now, you can attend all Jio calls from another number.
How to activate Jio Call Forwarding via JioFiber voice number
If you have a JioFiber voice number, then also you can use the call transfer feature. You can use the Jio divert codes which I’ve provided for a normal Jio number. They will work on the JioFiber Voice number as well.
Here is another method, using the JioCall app as it is a more user friendly way:
- Install the Jio Call Application from the Play store on your device.
- Open it and allow all permissions.
- Click on connect through JioFiber.
- Complete your registration by verifying the OTP code.
- Click on the three vertical dots and go to the settings option.
- Tap on the call forwarding option and you will see four different options. Choose the one which is required by you.
- Confirm it and now it will be activated.
How to check the status of Jio Call Forwarding
It is necessary to keep track of the Jio call forwarding as it won’t stop until it is done manually by confirming the choice. That’s why I’d recommend you to check the status of the current number. Follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your device.
- Click on the hamburger button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Click on the Call Forwarding Settings .
- Press the Voice option on the screen.
- Now you can see if currently the call forwarding feature is ON/OFF on your Jio number.
Note: If your smartphone does not have the above inbuilt settings in it then you can also use the JioCall app to keep track of call transfer service.
Jio call forwarding is a helpful feature which is useful in certain scenarios when you can’t access your current phone number.
You can use this service as many times as you want and it will work anywhere in India without any problems or extra steps.
I hope this post helped you in activating call diversion in Jio. If you have any questions regarding the working of the methods then please comment down below.
FAQs- Jio Call Forwarding Number 2022
- Are Jio call divert and Jio call forward codes same?
Yes, both of these codes are the same and do the exact same thing. I have provided the code list in the above sections.
- How to divert calls in Jio?
Follow the methods given in this article properly and you will be able to enable this feature for your Jio number.
- Is call forwarding very secure to use it?
Yes, call forwarding is a very secure feature and won’t cause any privacy or security issues in your phone or sim.
- Is call forwarding free of cost to use it in a Jio sim?
Yes, It is free of cost to use it and Jio will not apply any charges when you are using it in your sim.