Today, Jio has become a major internet service provider in India. Since it’s debut in 2016, currently it sits on the top of the Indian telecom industry with almost 420 million users.
Just like any other ISP, sometimes Jio users also face internet issues like slow loading and no network connection even in a good area.
To solve this, you can configure the correct APN settings on your smartphone. If these settings are incorrect then they can cause internet issues like- slow speed, frequent network signal problems and many more.
That’s why in this article, I have provided the correct Jio Apn settings for fast 4G internet speed.
I will also provide the official method to receive default Apn settings just by sending an SMS. Let’s take a look at some of the best ways to set Apn settings for the Jio 4G network.
What are the Jio Apn Settings?
APN stands for Access Point Name. It is a small configuration setting which helps the devices to connect to the internet. By changing APN settings, the device builds a connection to the gateway between ISP.
The APN name of Jio is JioNet and JioNet connects itself to the nearest Jio’s Tower. If you set it correctly then you can enjoy fast speed internet on your device.
Whenever you buy a Jio sim and place it in your sim slot, your device receives the default Apn settings. They are automatically saved in the device when it is turned on.
Benefits Of Using Correct Apn Settings For Jio
- The internet speed of your Jio 4G sim will increase drastically.
- You will not experience any buffering in online conferencing and video calling.
- Online gaming will be more enjoyable due to high data transfer.
- Websites and apps will open quickly and you won’t have to wait for a long time.
Jio Apn Settings For Android
- Go to the Settings option in your android smartphone.
- Click on SIM cards & mobile networks then click on Jio 4G.
- Find out and tap on Access Point Names.
- Now create a new APN and fill the details as shown in the below table.
|Jio Apn Settings||Description|
|MMS Proxy||Not Set|
|MMS Port||Not Set|
- After creating a new APN save these APN settings by clicking on the Save option.
- Now, reboot your mobile phone and enjoy the Jio 4G at its full speed in your area.
Jio Apn Settings For Iphone And Ipad
- First of all you have to connect your iphone to any WiFi network.
- Open your browser and search www.unlockit.co.nz in the address bar.
- Once the website is opened, find out Create APN and choose Jio from the drop down list.
- Click on Create APN option then you will be redirected to the new tab
- Now the Jio profile setting of Apn will be installed and saved in your iphone.
Jio Apn Settings For Windows Smartphones
- Go to Window settings then find out and click on Mobile + GSM option.
- Click on the DRO (Data Roaming Option) and set connection type to 4G.
- After selecting the 4G connection speed type, go back and click on the access point option.
- Now create a new APN and fill these details there.
|Jio APN Setting||Details|
- After filing the above details you will be able to enjoy the true Jio 4g internet.
How To Get Jio Internet Settings By Sms
Currently as per the Jio website, there is no official method to get Jio internet settings through SMS. You can use the methods which we have given above to save apn settings for Jio sim.
You can also call the Jio customer care on “198” and tell them to send the internet settings. Under 15-30 minutes you will receive the settings.
Then just open the message and save it to default.
How To Check The Speed Of Apn Settings For Jio
There are many internet speed testing apps and websites but I am using Speedtest.net. This is one of the best websites to check your internet speed.
It is a genuine and trusted website which is used by many all around the world. Here are some simple steps to check your Jio internet speed after changing the Apn settings:
- Click on the button given above and you will be automatically redirected to a new tab in your browser.
- Now, click on the GO button which is visible on your screen.
- After clicking on the Go button, the speed test will start .
- After a few seconds the meter will stop and your internet speed will be shown on your screen.
Speedtest.net is not the only internet speed test website, there are more where you can verify and recheck the results from the above website.
How To Reset Network Settings On Android
If you have added the wrong APN settings by mistake or the previous ones are not working then simply apply these steps to reset them:
- Open your mobile settings.
- Go to SIM cards & mobile networks, then click on Jio 4G.
- Click on Access Point Names and there you will see an option for reset.
- Just click on that.
- After clicking on it, the default APN setting will be added.
How To Add New APN Settings In Android
It is very easy to add new Apn settings if you know the correct way of doing that.
Simply follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Settings section of your smartphone.
- Click on SIM cards & mobile networks, then click on Jio 4G.
- Now you will see Access Point Names then click on it .
- There is an option which is called New APN then click on it and fill your New APN settings details.
Jio Apn Settings- Conclusion
The above APN settings are correct and official working Apn settings for Jio sim. These will work on every smartphone without any issues. I am using these on my android phone as well.
These settings automatically adjust according to your location to give better experience. Currently there are many Apn settings but using the default and official one is the best choice as they are given by the company itself.
I hope that this article helped you in getting the required Jio Apn settings for your smartphone.
If you have any questions or doubts, then feel free to ask them in the comment section.
More Related Posts:
FAQs- Best Apn Settings For Jio
- Why sometimes the Jio internet does not work properly?
In most of the cases, it can be due to the wrong APN settings in your Jio SIM and Jio also reduces the internet speed when the daily data limit is exhausted.
- Which website is best for testing internet speed?
Speedtest.net is the best tool for testing internet speed. It is available in app version as well as the web version.
- What is the name of the Jio APN?
JioNet is the name of the default and official Jio Apn settings. If you have a different Apn settings than this, then you should change it to JioNet for better performance.
- Why are APN settings important?
APN is a very important setting for a smartphone because it acts as a gateway between 4G network and your mobile.
With correct APN settings you can enjoy Jio internet at high speeds.