With fierce competition between the telecom companies, users are switching to those who can give them value for money offers and products. If you are one of those users who would like to move to Airtel from Jio then, this article is for you.
As in this post, I’ll explain how you as a user can port from Jio to Airtel without going through much work.
It’s a quite simple and straightforward process. If the Jio network is poor in your area then it makes complete sense to move from it. This will be advantageous for you in the long term and you won’t have to face these issues much.
During this process your mobile number will not change and only the network will. So, let’s begin!
Points To Remember While Porting Jio To Airtel
Here are a few things you should check with your old Jio number to avoid facing any extra charges or issues while porting to Airtel:
- The user should have an active plan in their sim during porting. Without this it will not work.
- Each user can port their number to another network. There is no limit to how many times you can change your telecom network.
- There is a time limit of 90 days for those users who have already ported their network. After this waiting period they can again port to another network if they want.
- If you are a postpaid user then you have to first clear your monthly bill. After that, you can apply for the porting at the end of the billing cycle.
- After porting a new Airtel sim with the same number will be provided and the old Jio sim should be discarded.
Methods To Port Jio Sim To Airtel
There are many ways of porting from Jio to Airtel. All of these methods will work for both the prepaid and postpaid users, so make sure that you follow each step.
Continue reading to understand these different ways of porting from Jio.
Read More: How To Activate Vi Sim
Port Jio To Airtel Via SMS
This is the most commonly used method. You can initiate the process of porting just by sending an sms. Also make sure that you have proper documentation with you for the KYC process as the porting would not happen until you are verified through it.
Follow given steps to start the Jio porting to Airtel via sms:
- Open the Messaging application on your device.
- Create a new message and type PORT <Space> Your 10 digit mobile number in the message body.
- Send this message to 1900.
- After this, you will receive a new message which will have the porting code known as Unique Porting Code.
- Go to the nearest Airtel store and ask the store staff for porting the Jio sim to Airtel sim.
- The center staff will help you by completing documentation for KYC.
- Porting Jio to the Airtel network will take 2-4 days and after that you will get a new sim which you can insert in your smartphone.
- Done! Now you can enjoy Airtel services.
Note: As the validity of the porting code is around 4 days, you should visit the Airtel store of your area within this time period. If it does not happen then you will have to generate a new porting code again.
How to port Jio to Airtel prepaid online
Airtel also provides the facility to port jio sim from their official website. Using this service you can change your current telecom provider from Jio to Airtel without changing your number and with the comfort of home.
All you need is the proof of residence and identity proof. You can use any of the government issued documents for this. Follow these steps to know how to do this:
- For porting to Airtel prepaid click here. If you want to port to Airtel postpaid then you can click here.
- You will be prompted to buy a plan. So, choose your preferred one from the options given there.
- Enter your personal details such as name, mobile number and address.
- Now, you will receive a call for the sim delivery shortly.
- Using this call a customer executive will ask you for a preferred date for the replacement of your old sim.
- Once this is scheduled, an Airtel staff will deliver the sim to your home and also port your number.
- After the process, you should be able to use the newly ported Airtel sim.
Also Read: How To Stop Call Divert In Airtel
Port Jio to Airtel via Airtel Store
Most of the cities have Airtel stores or centers where you can go and port any sim to their network. In this case also, you will have to take all of the documents which are necessary for the porting process with you.
To find an Airtel store near you, follow:
- Go to the Airtel official website in your browser.
- Click on the Store button which is located to the right side.
- Enter your location pin code in the search bar.
- Select the nearest store to your location and give it a visit.
- Ask help from store staff for porting your Jio sim to the Airtel sim.
- They will do the porting there and will also give you some extra instructions which you will have to perform after the sim is activated.
Note: This is a direct method and you don’t need to do anything before. Just go to the Airtel store with your Jio sim and the documents.
How To Cancel Porting Request In Jio
It’s a common misconception that you cannot stop the porting after initiating it. But this is totally false. In the early steps you can definitely stop it by sending a simple message back to the 1900 porting number.
Apply these steps to cancel the whole porting process:
- Go to the Messaging application and open it on your device.
- Create a new message and type CANCEL <Space> 10 Digit Mobile Number.
- Send this message to 1900.
- Within a few minutes you will receive an sms from the other side stating that you have canceled the porting. And now, it won’t happen unless you start it again.
Check Out: How To Remove BSNL Caller Tune
How To Check If Jio Sim Is Properly Ported To Airtel
Once you have successfully ported your Jio sim to Airtel, your next step should be to see if it is activated properly or not. As sometimes, the sim can take quite a long time to fully function.
You can check this by:
- Insert your newly received sim in the phone (preferable slot 1).
- After that, open the calling application on your screen.
- Dial any known number in the dial pad like relative and friends mobile number and call them.
- Your call will be automatically connected to the customer care executive and they will ask sim owner details for verification of the sim.
- Give them your details and within a few minutes your Airtel sim will be activated.
- Now you can access the sim just like a normal one and connect to the internet using the Airtel sim as well.
The porting process has made it very easy to use the best telecom network. People should change their sim network if the current network provider is not good.
During the porting you can buy the Airtel’s ₹499 plan which offers the best value for money to their new users.
I hope that by going through the above methods you will be able to port your Jio sim to Airtel without changing the number easily.
For any doubts related to this topic, comment down below to get help from us.
Thanks For Reading!
FAQs- How To Port From Jio To Airtel
- What is the Jio to Airtel port number code?
It’s a unique code which is generated differently for all the users when they send the message “PORT” to 1900.
- How many days will it take for porting Jio to Airtel?
Once you have shared your UPC with the Airtel staff then it can take 48 hours for same state porting and up to 4 days for interstate (different states) porting.
- How much does it cost to port from Jio to Airtel?
Yes, currently Airtel is providing free home delivery of the replacement sim. But you will have to buy a plan when the number will be activated on Airtel network.
- How to port Jio to Airtel without sending sms?
There are two ways by which you can do this. First you can directly go to your nearest store or you can opt for the doorstep delivery of the replacement sim for your Jio by ordering through the website of Airtel.
The steps for both of these methods are provided in our post.