If you have turned ON the call divert service your Airtel number then do you know that it doesn’t get turned OFF automatically?
Yes, many times we forget that we have activated the call forwarding on number and we forget it. This can cause technical issues in the long run and can confuse you as well.
Sometimes, this leads to errors and it becomes difficult to change the call divert settings later.
That’s why in this article I’ll give some tips and methods which can help you to disable the call forwarding service in Airtel.
Airtel Call Forwarding Deactivate Code 2022
Whenever you are entering a code, double check it to make sure that it’s the one which you require. You can run these codes on a keypad mobile as well.
The official Airtel call divert codes are given in this table.
|Call Divert Conditions||Airtel Call Forwarding Deactivate Code List|
|For All Calls||##21#|
|When Number Is Busy||##67#|
|When There Is No Signal/Not Reachable||##62#|
|For Unanswered Calls||##61#|
- Open calling application on your device.
- Take reference from the above table and dial that.
- Send it by pressing the call button.
- After using these codes you will be able to receive the calls just like before.
- Done! You have successfully disabled this service.
Methods To Deactivate Call Forwarding In Airtel
Let’s take a look at some of the methods to stop Airtel call forwarding. All of these methods will work on both types of sim- Airtel prepaid and postpaid.
Stop Airtel Call Diverting in Android
Every new generation smartphone comes with the ability to enable or disable this feature. You can find this feature in the settings section of your phone.
Firstly you will have to choose the type of conditional forwarding you want to deactivate and then it will be turned off.
If you are unsure then you can follow the steps given here:
- Open Mobile settings (You can directly go to it from the notification bar)
- Press on the search bar and search Call Forwarding.
- Find and click on the Call Forwarding which you searched earlier.
- Tap on the voice option to stop this feature.
- The options which will display on your screen are:
|For All Incoming Calls||Disabled|
|For Not Answered||Disabled|
- Just turn off all the options to stop this feature as shown in table.
- Now this feature will be deactivated.
Note: Unfortunately, these settings are not present in most of the keypad or simple mobile phones. For these options you’ll have to use other methods.
Turn Off Airtel Call Forwarding in iPhone
iPhone users can also have these features inbuilt in their devices. You can access them by following these specific steps:
- Go to iPhone device Settings. Then choose Phone from the list.
- You will see all the default call divert options.
- Now, turn off the option which you had activated earlier.
Also Read: How To Remove BSNL Caller Tune
Deactivate Call Forwarding In Airtel via Customer Care
Airtel customer care is quite supportive and you can take their help as well to stop the call forwarding on your number. You can ask them to disable call divert by following these steps:
- Dial 121 in the dial pad and call on it.
- After that an executive will receive your call and they will ask about your problem.
- Tell them that you want to stop the call forwarding feature on your Airtel number.
- They will do that from their side. Now you just have to give a trial call on your number to see if it’s working.
Stop Call Diverting In Airtel via Airtel Store (Offline Way)
Airtel stores offer to solve any kind of issues their customers are facing. And all of these will be solved free of cost and without any extra charges.
You can get this service deactivated in Airtel store easily if you follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Airtel Store .
- Enter your pin code location to find the nearest Airtel store.
- Once found, go there.
- Now, ask for help from the store staff to stop the call forwarding feature on your Airtel number.
- After this, you can check if it’s working or not. You can also ask them to explain the steps so, you can disable it on your own.
As you can see, disabling this feature is very easy on the Airtel sim if you follow all of the above steps carefully.
One thing you have to remember is that you can again activate call forwarding on Airtel if you want. This service has no restrictions on that.
I hope that this article will help you on this topic. For any doubts or questions, our comment section is always open!
Have a nice day!
FAQs- How To Cancel Call Divert In Airtel
- What if I forget to stop call forwarding on my phone?
If you forget to stop this feature on our phone then all of your all important calls will be transferred to another number and you will not be able to pick up these calls like you did before.
- How many times can we stop call forwarding in Airtel?
There is no limit to stopping call forwarding in Airtel. You can use it as many times as you want.
- What is the best way to deactivate call transfer in Airtel?
The best way to deactivate call forwarding in Airtel is through the USSD code which is very simple. You just need to type the required code and it will be stopped.
- Will the caller know that I have activated call forwarding feature on my number?
No, the caller can’t tell whether you have this feature active or not. To them it will feel just like a normal call.