Most people know about how to activate BSNL caller tune service but they don’t know how to stop this service on their sim after using it.
So, in this article I will explain how you can deactivate it with simple methods.
BSNL offers users to stop this service from their sim number without any terms & condition but one thing you always have to remember is that there is no refund money policy for this service.
Which means that even if you have activated it by mistake, you will have to pay for it.
This is another reason why you should take a look at this article to save yourself from extra charges by BSNL.
BSNL Caller Tune Deactivate Number 2022
The toll free number of BSNL to deactivate this service on your BSNL sim is- 56700. Apply the given below steps to deactivate this service:
- Dial 56700 in the dial pad of the calling app on your device.
- Make a call to this number.
- Follow the IVR instructions and choose the other services category from the list.
- Now select the button which corresponds to the unsubscribe.
- After this, the BSNL hello tunes service will be stopped on your mobile number.
Note: You will not be charged for this method because it is a free option to stop the caller tune service. Furthermore, the above number is the official BSNL toll free number for this purpose.
Methods To Remove BSNL Caller Tune
There are many methods to deactivate this service on BSNL number. I have provided both online as well as offline ways.
Continue reading to know the steps for each method and how they work.
Deactivate BSNL Caller Tune Via My BSNL Tunes
We all know that My BSNL tunes is the go to application for setting up the caller tune for the BSNL users who have smartphones with android and iOS operating system.
This app also provides the inbuilt access to remove a caller tune from your number. I’d recommend this method to most of the users.
- Open My BSNL Tunes application on your device.
- Click on the activity option which is located on the navigation tab.
- Here, you will be able to see the song/music which you have used as the caller tune.
- There will be three vertical dots in the corner, click on it.
- Now, you will see some options to choose from, just select the delete button.
- Confirm your BSNL caller tune deactivation request by clicking on the delete button.
- Now this particular song will be removed as your caller tune.
This method will work only on the updated My BSNL Tunes application. So, I’ll highly recommend you to use the updated version as it will have change in features and capabilities.
Deactivate BSNL Caller Tune Via SMS
BSNL also provides the option to stop the Hello tunes service by sending a text message. This is a toll free number so you won’t be charged anything.
- Open Messaging application on your device.
- Create a new message and enter “UNSUB” in the message section.
- Send this message to 56700.
- After that you will receive a message with the current caller tune status of your BSNL number.
Note: In any case if this message fails to be sent, then you can use an alternate number of BSNL for this purpose which is 56799.
Deactivate BSNL Caller Tune Via Customer Care
If you’re still not able to stop the caller tune on your BSNL number then you can call the toll free number of BSNL customer care- 18001801503.
This number works for both postpaid and prepaid users and in all the states of India.
- Open calling application on your device.
- Dial 18001801503 in the dial pad then call customer care.
- After a few seconds a support staff will receive your call and you will be connected to them.
- Tell them that you want to stop BSNL caller tune service.
- Now they will ask for some details to confirm that it’s your number.
- Once done, the BSNL caller tune service will be activated from their side.
- After 5-10 minutes you will also receive a confirmation message regarding this.
Also Read: Airtel Call Forwarding Code
Deactivate BSNL Caller Tune Online
BSNL’s online web portal provides its users the ability to turn ON/OFF any services from their pc or laptop. If you already have an account there or you have previous experience of using the BSNL caller tune online portal then only proceed with this method.
- Click here to go to the official BSNL caller tune service website.
- Enter your BSNL mobile number or MSISDN number in the field section.
- Submit your number.
- Now you will be able to track the current status of BSNL Hello tunes on your sim and if it’s showing activated then click on the stop button to stop it.
- Within a few minutes you will receive the confirmation sms from BSNL regarding the deactivation of the caller tune.
Note: MSISDN is your BSNL mobile number with country code format. Like- +91 99XXXXXXXX.
Deactivate BSNL Caller Tune Via BSNL Store
If there is a BSNL store near you, then you can go there to remove the Hello tune service from your number easily. You will need to take some identification papers with you so that they can verify your sim.
You can find the nearest BSNL store by using these steps:
- Open Google Map on your device then search BSNL Store in the search bar.
- A bunch of results will be shown, just choose the BSNL store which is nearest to you.
- Go to that store during office timings.
- Ask help from the store staff to deactivate the caller tune on your mobile number.
- They will guide you and stop this service.
If you don’t have time to visit a physical BSNL store then I’d recommend you to use My BSNL Tunes application as it’s an easy method with a friendly user interface.
So, these were some of the currently working methods to deactivate BSNL caller tune. With all the steps, there should not be any issue or confusion.
My favorite method to stop this service is using the My BSNL Tunes app. It is very simple to use and anyone can navigate in it without the need of any steps or guide.
I hope that you will be able to apply these methods on your own BSNL number and stop the Hello tunes service successfully.
Read More: How To Check BSNL Balance
FAQs- How To Stop BSNL Hello Tune
- What is the best method to stop BSNL caller tune?
The best way to deactivate BSNL caller tune service is My BSNL Tunes application and this method has very simple steps to deactivate it.
- Can I use the BSNL web portal for hello tunes?
Yes, you can use that for the caller tune in BSNL. It is made for this purpose only and you can even check the current status of hello tunes on your number.
- Will I be charged for turning off my BSNL caller tunes service?
No, you won’t be charged anything. The deactivation process is totally free from BSNL.
- How to deactivate BSNL caller tune without using the internet?
For this you can call on the BSNL number 56700. Sending an sms on it will also help. We have given these methods on our website- Techscoops.