Currently many telecom providers are giving 100 sms per day on their basic plans. This is a good thing for the users as now they won’t have to depend on separate sms packs.
Airtel also provides daily sms to their users in most of the plans which can be used. But it is important to track these as they can be of an important use in urgent situations.
That’s why in this post, I will discuss how to check sms balance in Airtel sim easily. I have shared the ussd code for this as well as some more methods which can be used as per convenience.
So, let’s take a look at how this can be done!
Airtel SMS Balance Check Number
The ussd code to check how much balance is left in your Airtel number is *121*7#. This is one of the official codes which Airtel provides for checking the total amount of sms left.
I have tested it on my prepaid number so it works therefore I’m not sure whether it will work on the Airtel postpaid number.
You can follow these steps to try it:
- Dial *121*7# in the calling application.
- Once sent, you will see a popup box on the screen within 5-10 seconds.
- This box will have the information about the sms balance which you use.
- Once you have checked it, press the cancel option to remove it.
Important Thing To Know
Do you know that if you don’t have the right sms settings then you cannot send messages and all the sms will fail to deliver?
That’s right. You should check if the message settings of your device are correct and in accordance with the state you are in. I have written more on this topic in my article- Airtel message center number.
More Ways To Check Message Balance In Airtel
The ussd code method works for most of the users, that’s why I had shared it above. But if you are looking for more ways, then you can scroll down below to check them.
Before using any method, make sure that you have an active plan on your number as these won’t work without it.
Check SMS Balance Via Airtel Thanks App
If you are currently using a modern smartphone, then you can install the Airtel Thanks app. This should be a must have app as it provides you with everything you need to know about your mobile number including the sms balance.
If you don’t have it, then I’d recommend you to download it from the app store of your device and verify your number in it. Once it’s done, you can follow these steps:
- Open Airtel Thanks app on your device.
- Go to its dashboard (This will be available on the homepage of the app).
- Click on the more details, where your number and daily data usage is given.
- Now you will be able to see how much sms is left for your usage.
- If the balance is low, then you can recharge your number as well from here.
Know Airtel Message Balance Online
If you can’t download the Airtel thanks app due to any reason, then you can also use the Airtel official website for checking the remaining sms balance of your phone number.
For this, you just need to make sure that you have access to the phone as an OTP will be sent for the verification during the session.
- Go to the official website of Airtel in your preferred browser.
- Click on the login button, it will be present in the top right corner of the menu.
- Enter your phone number in the Mobile No. field.
- Check for the OTP and verify yourself using it.
- Go to your dashboard.
- Here you will be able to see the daily sms balance on your number.
- You can also check the validity of the plan from this section.
Check 100 SMS Balance in Airtel Via Customer Care
No matter where you are in India, you can use the customer care to find out how much sms you have left in your number. The process is self explanatory but if you want some step by step guide, then you can follow this:
- Open your phone’s calling application.
- Dial 121 in the dial pad then make a call on it.
- You will be connected to the customer care support of Airtel.
- An executive will ask what issue you are facing.
- Just tell them that you want to check the SMS balance of your Airtel plan.
- They will give you the information regarding the sms.
Read Also: How To Check BSNL Number
How To Check SMS Balance in Airtel Postpaid
If you are an Airtel postpaid user then you can use the Airtel Thanks app, it’s official website and the customer care for checking the sms balance. I have not tried the ussd code for postpaid so, you can check that also.
I have provided all the step by step instructions in the above section for that.
In this article, I have shared some of the best and easy to check the daily sms quota given by Airtel. I’d recommend most of the users to use the Airtel Thanks app to keep a track of the sms as it gives more updated results than the other methods.
For users which are using the basic keypad phones, the ussd method is the best.
You can share this article with someone you know who can benefit from this topic. For doubts and questions related to this post, you can comment below.
Related Post: How To Unlock PUK Code In Airtel
FAQs- How To Know Airtel Message Balance
- What is the daily limit for sending sms in Airtel?
The daily limit of sending sms in any Airtel pack is 100. This balance gets renewed everyday so make sure to use it wisely.
- Is this 100 sms in Airtel free?
Well it depends on the plan you have opted for. Most of the plans in Airtel do provide this 100 sms service without any extra cost.
- Are these methods secure to check message balance in Airtel?
Yes, as per my research, all of these are official methods from Airtel. So, don’t worry about any issue.
- Can I check the SMS balance in the Airtel unlimited pack?
Yes, all of the methods which I have provided in this post are valid for all types of plans.