We all have a hard time when we forget our mobile number. This only happens when you need it urgently like for OTP verification or filling any form.
But if you have reached this article then you don’t need to worry. As in this post I will share how to check your BSNL number easily with 5+ working methods.
I have also shared the official ussd code of BSNL for this purpose which you can use on any phone without the need of an active internet connection.
You can take help of the table of content given here for fast reading.
BSNL Number Check Code
BSNL offers a ussd code service which can let you know your own sim number easily. As this method only requires you to dial a certain code, it doesn’t require any internet or WiFi connection.
The ussd code to check your own number in BSNL is *222#. The process is overall very simple and you can easily follow it:
- Open call dialling application on your smartphone.
- Dial *222# in the dial pad then click on the call button.
- A popup notification will appear on your screen and it will have your number in the format like- “Your BSNL number is XXXXXXXXXX”.
If in any case this code does not work on your smartphone then don’t worry as there are many alternative codes given by BSNL for this. Try these other codes which I have provided in the list.
|S.No||BSNL Number Check Code|
Read More: Airtel PUK Code
Extra Methods To Check Own Number In BSNL
The ussd code given above should work in most of the cases and you won’t need to use any other method.
If for any reason it doesn’t work, then the below methods will definitely work.
Check BSNL Number Using Phone Settings
This method is an inbuilt method to check your BSNL number using your smartphone. For this, you just need to simply insert it in your phone in either of the sim slots which are given.
Then you have to switch ON the phone and follow these steps:
- Open Device settings in your smartphone.
- Find SIM Cards & Mobile Networks option then click on it.
- Choose your BSNL sim slot then a 10 digit number will display on your screen.
- Now you can note this number for future use.
BSNL Number Check Online Via App
For BSNL users having the internet, this method is quite useful. As you know, every telecom service provider has an official app for their users.
And in case you don’t know, BSNL also has it which can be downloaded from the respective app stores.
Using it, you will be able to check everything related to your number, including all the plans and their validity.
- Install BSNL SelfCare App from Playstore on your smartphone (if you don’t have it already).
- Open it and login via your BSNL number.
- Go to its dashboard.
- In the middle section of the homepage, you should be able to find your BSNL mobile number.
Check BSNL Number Using Whatsapp
Most of the people in the world have WhatsApp as the major chat application on their smartphones. If you also have it on your phone, then you can use it to get your BSNL number quickly.
But the prerequisite for it is that you should already have an account on it. If you don’t have that then you won’t be able to use this method.
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Press on the 3 dots button which is present in the top right side.
- A list of options will appear on the screen.
- Just tap on the Settings option.
- Now, click on your name which will be given on the top.
- Here, you will be able to see your 10 digit number of BSNL.
Check This: Airtel SMS Settings
BSNL Number Check Via Calling On Another Phone
If you want to check your BSNL number fast then this is another method which you can try.
If you have another mobile phone near you of your friend or known person, then you can take their phone and call on your own BSNL number.
But make sure that they have the minimum balance for it otherwise you won’t be able to call.
- Open the calling application.
- Dial your own number on the other phone and call on it.
- Cut the call after one ring.
- Now, you should be able to see your BSNL number on their screen.
- Just save it in your phone so that you can use it whenever required.
Know BSNL Number Via Customer Care
This is the simplest way to know the BSNL number. The support team of the BSNL is quite good and can help you in getting your own number as well.
This method will come in handy when you don’t have internet or you don’t have any balance in your BSNL number.
So, let’s take a look at these steps:
- Open calling application on your device.
- Dial 1503 in the dial pad then call them.
- A customer care executive will connect to your call and they will ask about your problem.
- Tell them that you want to know the BSNL number of your smartphone.
- Now they will tell you the 10 digit mobile number of your current BSNL sim.
- Make sure to write it on a page.
Note: This is a toll free BSNL number so, don’t worry about any extra charges or deductions for calling on the number.
Find BSNL Number By Visiting BSNL Store
If somehow you can’t use the above methods like- your BSNL sim is blocked or the phone is dead, then you can go to an offline BSNL store for help.
While there is no way to locate the BSNL stores as they currently don’t provide it on their app or website, you can use Google Maps to find out the nearest store to you.
Apply these steps to find a BSNL store around you in less than 5 minutes:
- Open Google Maps on your smartphone.
- Click on the search button then enter the BSNL store in the search bar.
- Many search results will appear, just choose that store which is near your area.
- Visit that store and ask the staff to check your BSNL number.
- They will solve this problem by helping you and if your sim is blocked or not working, then also they will guide you.
Also Read: How To Stop BSNL Hello Tune
In this post, I have provided all the possible ways which are working and will help you in knowing your BSNL number.
Some of these methods work online and some can be used offline. Just choose the one which you are comfortable with and follow its steps.
If this article helped you in any way then you can also share it with your friends and family so that they can also get to know these methods.
If you are still encountering any issues while following the above methods, then you can comment down below for our additional help.
FAQs- How To Check My BSNL Phone Number
- Can we use these ways to check someone else’s BSNL number?
As long as you have direct access to the phone and the sim, you will be able to know their mobile number.
- Does it cost any extra charges to check my BSNL number?
No, it doesn’t cost anything as it is a totally free process from BSNL.
- Who can use this number check service of BSNL?
This service can be availed by anyone who is residing in India and they have a BSNL sim with a valid recharge plan.
- Are there other codes for checking my BSNL number?
In total there are 4-5 ussd codes which you can use to check the BSNL number on your phone. However, if you have a smartphone then I’d recommend to use the Bsnl SelfCare App for this.