How To Activate Vi Sim 2022 | Vi Activation Number Code
Whenever you buy a new sim, you need to follow some instructions so that you can start using it for future purposes.
That’s why in this article I’m going to discuss how to activate Vi sim and the questions related to it.
Whenever you get a new sim for a lost one, you upgrade your current one or port your number- you will have to activate your Vi sim.
Also, as per the new guidelines of the government of India, it is now mandatory to go through the KYC verification whenever a sim is registered by a person.
Without it you can’t get sim of any telecom company. Let’s understand this process and how it is done.
Important Things To Know Before Activating Vi sim Number
- The whole process of sim activation is totally free from Vi.
- You can’t send text messages or call unless you have activated your number through these methods.
- Currently Vi does not provide any way to activate the Vi sim online. If you see any website doing this, then it’s a fraud.
- There are only 3 ways for sim activation- By sending sms, by the help of the doorstep delivery agent of the new sim, by visiting the Vi center or Vi store.
Vi Sim Activation Number 2022
Just like every telecom provider, the Vi also has a sim activation process which you must use before trying to access the services of the Vi network.
|Vi Sim Type||Vi Activation Number|
|Vi Prepaid Sim Activation Number||59059|
|Vi Postpaid Sim Activation Number||59059|
The Vi sim activation number is 59059. This number is very useful and once your KYC process is completed, you can use this code to activate your Vi sim. After that you will be able to access its services.
The 5 digit pin number to activate Vi sim is also- 59059.
How To Activate Vi Sim By Call
- Open the calling app on your phone.
- Dial 59059 in the dial pad and give a call to it.
- Now, you will have to go through the IVR instructions for activation.
- First select your preferred language.
- Press 1 if you want to activate internet service.
- For document verification you will have to enter the last four digits of Adhar number or pin number.
- Then click on the 1 for confirmation of it.
- You will also be asked for your DOB (Date of Birth). Enter it and confirm by typing 1.
- After this, your Vi number will be successfully activated and you can enjoy using it.
Note: After the complete verification using this method, you would need to wait for 15 minutes to get the sim activated. Once this much time has passed, reboot your phone and it should show the Vi mobile network.
Also Read: How To Deactivate Call Forwarding In Airtel
More Methods To Activate Vi Sim
I’ve already shown you how you can use the Vi deactivation number to start your Vi sim. If you don’t want to follow them, then you can try these methods as well.
All of these methods will require you to go through the KYC verification. It is a mandatory process as it helps to confirm that you are the owner of your Vi sim number.
Let’s check these ways one by one.
How To Activate Vi Sim By SMS
It doesn’t matter whether you have a prepaid or postpaid Vi sim number, this sms method will work for them. It’s of course free and no balance will be deducted by sending this message.
- Open your Messaging application on your device.
- Create a new message and type SIMEX <19-20 digit SIM card number> in the message section.
- Send this to 55199.
- Now, you will receive the last 6 digits of your sim number.
- Within the duration of 2 hours, you will have to send again these last 6 digits of the sim number to 55199.
- Now, you should be activated in under 20 minutes.
Note: Once the whole process is done, it is recommended by Vi to put the sim under slot 1 to get the sim network properly.
Get New Vi Sim Activated By Buying Online
For new users, Vi provides free home delivery of the sim. So, if you are looking to buy a new Vi sim then this is the right time, as it won’t require you to dial the above code and it will be easier for you.
- Go to the official website of Vi.
- Enter your personal details such as name, phone number and location address.
- Submit the given form.
- They will deliver your sim to your doorstep.
- This delivery person will also help you with KYC verification and do the Vi sim activation for your new number.
- Now you will be able to use your new Vi sim.
After KYC is completed your Vi sim will be activated in a few hours. You will also be given the choice to select your preferred series number from the list.
Read More: How To Take Loan In Vi
Vi Sim Activation By Going To Vi Store
Vi stores are offline physical stores which are present all over India. You can get your sim activated by going to these stores. They will also help you in case something goes wrong during the activation process.
- Locate the nearest Vi store using the store locator.
- Go there with your sim and KYC documents.
- They will help you to activate your sim via their own Smart Connect app.
- You will have to give them your documents so that they can complete the KYC.
- You can also choose your own number from the available list.
- Once it’s done, make sure if it’s working by trying it.
Note: CYN also known as Choose Your Number is a process which Vi offers their users so that they can select their own number.
How To Activate Vi Sim Which Is Deactivated
All the methods given above will only work on the new sim, but what will you do if you have a deactivated Vi number? Well for that, the simplest solution is to take it to the nearest Vi store.
The office staff there will again reactivate the number and you will be able to use it again.
If there is some outstanding balance then also you will need to pay it before the number gets activated.
Also Read: How To Check Vi Number
How Do I Check If Vi Sim Is Activated or not
It’s important to check whether your Vi sim is activated or not before bringing it into daily use. To do this, you should call on the customer care number of Vi at 199.
If it is active then the call will get connected and you will be able to hear the account details of your Vi sim.
For more confirmation, do a trial call or test from another number to your new Vi number.
Activating Vi sim is very important to access the fast internet and call service.
In the above sections, I showed what are the various ways to activate the Vi sim and how KYC verification is needed for it. Now you can also add best Vi apn settings for fast internet in your new sim.
If you are still unable to activate your sim via given methods then visit a retailer of Vi or Vi store and they will help you to solve your issue.
Share this article with your contacts if it helped you or if it can be helpful to them.
FAQs- Vi Sim Verification Number
- Why is Vi sim important to activate?
It is very important to activate Vi SIM and without it then you can’t be able to access it as a normal sim.
Which means no calls, no text messages and no ability to access the internet through it.
- Will these methods work on postpaid and prepaid sim?
Yes, all of these methods will work on both the Vi prepaid and postpaid sim connections.
- Can a new Vi sim be activated online?
No, you cannot activate Vi sim via any online portal. But it can be achieved through sms and going to the Vi store as it is given in the above post.
- How long will it take for my Vi sim to get activated?
Generally it won’t take more than 24 hours. If you have done your KYC then you can activate it within 20 minutes by using the sms method to activate Vi number.
- Is there any Vi sim activation app?
No, currently there is no app like that from Vi telecom company. I will update this article if it comes.