Many times we become frustrated with promotional services including various calls and sms. But it is less known that these can be deactivated using the DND feature.
It is a very helpful feature of Jio that will save you from these calls. The process of availing the DND is very simple and straightforward.
You also do not require to fill any lengthy documents or fill any personal information.
DND stands for Do Not Disturb which is a mandatory feature in any Indian telecom network. It is introduced by TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) to stop illegal telemarketers from spamming the users with messages and calls.
Read the below steps carefully as if you apply the wrong method then DND will not be activated in your Jio SIM.
Jio DND Activation Official Methods
Let’s take a look at all the methods by which we can activate this amazing feature on a Jio number.
1. Activate DND in Jio Using MyJio App
- First of all you have to sign in to MyJio app using your mobile number.
- Now, scroll down and click on Settings option.
- Click on Do Not Disturb then tap on Set Preferences.
|Fully Blocked||All promotional & service calls/sms|
|Promotional Communication Blocked||Receiving service and transaction calls/sms|
|Custom Preference||Select categories to block communication|
|De-registration from DND||All service and communication calls/sms will be unblocked.|
- Now you can select preferences according to your own choices.
- After submitting it, you will not receive promotional and spam calls on your Jio number.
2. Activate DND in Jio Via SMS
- Open your messaging app and create a new message.
- Take help from the table given below for the specific codes.
|Jio DND Sources||SMS Activation Code|
|Fully block all types of promotional & service calls/sms||Send Start 0 to 1909|
|Block only financial, banking, insurance and credit card spam||Send Start 1 to 1909|
|Block only real estate calls/sms||Send Start 2 to 1909|
|Block only education, coaching and studying related spam||Send Start 3 to 1909|
|Block only health or pharmaceutical related promotional services||Send Start 4 to 1909|
|Block only consumer goods & automobile sector calls/sms||Send Start 5 to 1909|
|Block only entertainment, communication, IT & broadcasting spam||Send Start 6 to 1909|
|Block only leisure & tourism related calls/sms||Send Start 7 to 1909|
- After sending the message you will receive a confirmation message regarding this.
Read More: Working Apn Settings For Jio Users
3. Activate DND in Jio Via Voice Call
- Dial 1909 and call on this number.
- You will be asked for entering your choice.
- After entering the preference you will get confirmation on the call itself.
- Now, the DND service will be activated on your Jio number.
4. Activate Jio DND Using Jio Website
- Go to the official website of Jio in a browser.
- Click on Settings option and press the Do Not Disturb option.
- Tap on set preference and select which is best for you.
- After selecting the preference, submit your request.
- Now, DND will be activated and you will stop receiving promotional and service calls/SMS according to your selection.
5. Activate DND in Jio Via Customer Care Number
- Dial 1800-889-9999 and wait for a few seconds .
- An operator will receive your call, now explain your problem related to spam and promotional services.
- They will assist you in activating the DND services.
- After that, promotional and service calls/SMS will stop within 24 hours in your Jio number.
6. Activate Jio DND via Jio Stores (Offline Method)
- Click on this link and you will be redirected to the official page of the Jio store.
- Enter your location’s pin code in the search bar then a map will be shown to you with all of its stores near to your location.
- Find the nearest store and go to the store and tell your problem to the store staff.
- They will activate this DND feature on your Jio number based on your complaint.
- Once it’s done, you will not receive any promotional calls/SMS on your Jio sim
How To Check The DND Status Of Jio Number?
- Open MyJio app on your device then click on the menu button which is located in the top left side on the home screen.
- Press the Settings button > Do Not Disturb option.
- Now you can check if DND is currently activated or not in your Jio SIM number.
- You can also check the history of DND services and the dates when it was activated/deactivated in your Jio SIM.
DND is a very useful feature using which anyone can avoid spam calls and promotional sms from various sources. It’s totally free of cost and easy to do.
If you are not sure then you can read all of the above given methods and choose the best one for you.
These are fully secure and safe ways and won’t affect anything else on your Jio number. You can also customize these to stop only selective sources.
I hope that these methods will help you. If you have any doubts or issues then you can write them.in the comments given below.
FAQs- How To Activate DND In Jio
- What is the number of Jio DND?
The number of Jio DND is 1909 and you have to just call and submit your choices.
- Why do we need to activate dnd in Jio?
There are many times when promotional SMS and calls become too much. So, having this feature is truly a necessity.
- What is the full form of DND?
It’s full form is Do Not Disturb. This feature exists in all telecom sims in India
- What is the difference between Partial DND and Full DND?
In partial DND, some promotional services and sectors are allowed by the users while in the Full DND, all types of promotional services are stopped.